Monday, April 2, 2012

Reading up on RSS

Recently, I was assigned a project for my MKT315 course. It had to do with RSS feeds, if you've ever had experience with RSS it's really helpful and interesting. Click here to go to google and get started! Many news-related sites, weblogs and other online publishers syndicate their content as an RSS Feed to whoever wants it. RSS solves a problem for people who regularly use the web. It allows you to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites you are interested in. You save time by not needing to visit each site individually. You ensure your privacy, by not needing to join each site's email newsletter. By doing this project, I was able to centralize many blogs and web links that I found helpful to aiding me in my internship with The Land Trust of Danbury.


The Land Trust of Danbury has a blog you can read to learn more about. My RSS feeds are mainly about non-profit organizations, and what people who are promoting and running these organizations can do to create a buzz and increase awareness.


I will be posting about a few blogs I found interesting and helpful, they may even be of interest to you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment